" This course for me, was an eye opener. I made me aware of all the mistakes I was making while job hunting. Updating my profile according to your suggestions gave me almost immediate response from recruiters." Emine, PhD Biochemistry
"I learned in the course to think out of the box and actually less than one month after completing the course I got a position through an internal reference!" Xiaozhou, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences
"As you predicted within half a year I got a job! Actually, within 3 weeks after the course was finished I was offered a job!” Aga, PhD Molecular Genetics
“The course was greatly helpful and effective! Even during the period of the course I started to receive job offers from several different recruiters!” Daniel, PhD Cell and Molecular Biology
Workshop series: 3-steps to a career in industry
Career Training for PhD-candidates and Postdocs
With the People in Science PhD course “3-steps to a career in Industry” you learn how to avoid and overcome common obstacles PhD-candidates and Postdocs encounter when entering the job market. Gain actionable insights and learn new skills that will increase your chances to be hired fast. Start today!
What you will learn:
- Which possibilities there are for PhDs and Masters outside academia;
- What hiring managers of industrial companies’ value;
- How to translate, leverage and develop your skills in a CV, pitch, letter or LinkedIn profile;
- Tips and tricks to find published and non-published vacancies;
- The do’s and don’ts in the application process;
- How to network pleasantly and effective even if you are an introvert.
For the next dates, contact us email@example.com, phone number (0)294 772 700.
Fee and practical information
We often hear from PhD students and Postdocs that they have no time and can’t leave their experiments. We do urge you to make time during your PhD to prepare yourself for your next career step. One day your PhD or Postdoc will finish but your life will continue! It takes some time to learn the industry “language” and industry position usually require more than technical skills or fancy publications.
If you participate in your second or third year, you will get a free personal coaching session once you finished your PhD and enter the job market.
What makes this training unique?
- Based on direct experience with current recruitment procedures outside academia;
- Direct experience with selection procedures in small companies (start-ups) and multinationals (corporates) is incorporated in the exercised and tips;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the trends on the job market and in the science branches;
- Trainers have experience with the PhD trajectory and a large relevant network;
- All material is in English and training is given in English;
- Trainers are connected to a small organisation, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a strong personal drive;
Why prepare for a career outside academia?
This training is ideal if for example:
- You are a PhD student or Postdoc and consider transferring to industry;
- You got limited time after your contract is finished to find a new job and retain your residence permit;
- You already applied for several jobs but didn’t get interview invites or job offers;
- You want to broaden your horizon and learn about the possibilities for PhDs inside and outside the Netherlands;
- You doubt if you have anything to offer that is valuable in industry;
- You have the feeling you only got time to do experiments and write while your PhD project seems to never end.
Personal individual career coaching
Send an e-mail or call Lisette Spoelder: firstname.lastname@example.org, +31(0)294 772 700.