People in Science offers tailored solutions based on actual experience with recruitment procedures of PhDs and Postdocs outside academia. We enjoy sharing our knowledge and experience to offer PhDs a head-start on the job market. Examples of partners/clients:
For who and what
Depending on your question we offer workshops of 1,5 hours or a more extended program tailored to the target audience and group. Options include lectures, workshops or a coaching-trajectory. All our services are aimed to offer practical, actionable insights that can be implemented immediately.
Price for a 1,5 hour workshop is 750EUR excl. VAT including workshop materials and a preparatory assignment. Possible topics include:
- Claim your expertise and explore your options
- Communicate your value effectively
- Authentic networking without having “to sell yourself” Connecting to your drive
- Effective communication with your supervisor
- CVs and motivation letters (max 15 participants per group)
- Leadership skills to get you to the next level (max 15 participants per group)
In these workshops participants will learn about:
- Career options for PhDs and how to find published and unpublished vacancies;
- How can you develop a “business” mind-set and be perceived as a high-potential outside academia?;
- What can you do during your PhD or Postdoc project to increase your options later?
- What do hiring managers value in applicants and what is the value of your PhD?
- How do you create an attractive CV and letter that results in invitations for interviews?
We offer more than a CV training: our vision is to provide participants a toolkit and mindset that enables them to stand out in the large pile of applicants now and in the future. All our services include hands-on exercises to ensure new insights are implemented and don’t end on a to-do list that never gets done.
In addition Geertje Janssen frequently speaks on career events and conferences using her experience in academia, consulting, recruitment and both commercial en (semi-)government environments. Prices for a keynote are 475EUR excl. VAT.
We offer a Career event package of 1500EUR excl. VAT including:
- A keynote of about 30 minutes;
- Two workshops in series of each 1,5 hour (twice the same or two different)
- Optional extra’s:
*50% discount on participation or to chair a panel discussion (125EUR/hour instead of 250EUR/hour).
*workshops in parallel instead of in series +500EUR excl. VAT
A personal approach is essential for optimal results. We offer reduced fees to former participants on personal coaching and assistance in ongoing application procedures.
What makes us unique?
- Based on experience with current recruitment procedures outside the academic setting;
- Experience with selection procedures of small companies (SMEs and start-ups) and multinationals (corporates) is incorporated in the exercises and tips;
- Direct experience with the PhD-trajectory and thorough understanding of the specific challenges of PhDs when looking for a job;
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends on the labor market for high educated science professionals and the future of employees;
- Trainers are part of a small organization with an entrepreneurial mindset and have a great personal drive;
- All supporting material is in English and depending on the audience the language can be Dutch or English.